Corda 4.9 Has Arrived!
March 23, 2022
By Peter Li, Senior Developer Evangelist
The use of distributed ledger technology (DLT) to establish digital trust is increasing rapidly across myriad sectors. R3’s Corda is the industry-standard platform for developers who build DLT applications for highly regulated markets, including banking, trade finance and capital markets. No matter where you are on your blockchain application development journey or which version of Corda you are using, R3 is here to support your build and shorten your time to deployment. To ensure maximum benefit to all developers, Corda is now one platform that comes in two fully supported Editions–Community and Enterprise.
To that end, we are excited to announce the release of Corda 4.9, for the first time featuring commercial support offerings for developers building on the free Corda Community Edition open source distribution!
What’s new in Corda 4.9?
- Extended support: R3 is committed to the continued support of customers on the Corda 4 series with a now standard 36 month support window and 12 months of maintenance, including functional updates and patches as needed.
- Network management enhancements: New endpoints enable node operators to easily manage the health and status of their network’s flows and nodes. The new endpoints simplify data auditing, improve control over the flow lifecycle and provide additional information on node health.
- Security: We have improved Corda’s security footprint and dependencies.
NEW! R3 now offers commercial support for the Community Edition of Corda–a free, open source version that is packaged and production-ready. This Edition includes functional updates and patches, and is eligible for additional support services. We are dedicated to supporting our Community Developer ecosystem as you take your CorDapps all the way to production. Community Edition support is delivered by the same team of R3 engineers who support the Enterprise Edition.
There has never been a better time to begin or continue building on Corda. Please join our Developer Ecosystem to receive our monthly newsletter, stay up-to-date on upcoming events and other announcements, and collaborate with our Developer Evangelists on our Community Forum. We are ready to help optimize your DLT build!
Resources to help you get started
- See how the Corda Editions compare.
- Download the Community Edition.
- Download the Enterprise Edition.
- Check out the release notes.
- Learn more about the Community Edition support packages.