Reports to the Vice President of Construction
- Supervise and direct by exercising independent judgment to effectively and efficiently manage on-site construction process .
- Producing results in a home that are at or above company quality standards, delivered on time and within budget.
- Establish and maintain effective subcontractor relations.
- Provide customer communication to homebuyer to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Safely manage work site and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Effective Planning
- Timely Execution
- Thorough Collaboration & Communication
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Unparalleled Customer Service
- Thoroughly explain documented construction process with customers to set expectations early. Maintain expectations through timely execution and communication throughout the process.
- Conduct Pre-Construction meetings with customers and internal team using professional knowledge to improve job results in matters such as positioning the house, tree removal, and finish floor heights.
- Review job schedules with VP of Construction to assure activities are completed and in desired sequence.
- Assure start of construction date per job schedule is met.
- Meet construction time frames as created by job schedules.
- Update schedules daily.
- Verify VP of Purchasing Start Package is complete.
- Read and understand plans and items on job selections report. Cross check plans with job selections for completeness, making red mark notes on plans as a reminder of work required by job selections. Maintain a binder or electronic file per job with all information.
- Circle critical dimensions on plans as they are job checked. (Example: footing dimensions, plumbing stub out locations, electrical stub out locations, under slab venting, slab recesses, door and window openings, exterior wall dimensions and heights, interior framing, etc).
- As needed by phase, layout specific details with subcontractors prior to commencement of work to minimize errors or callbacks due to subcontractor oversight.
- Assure homes are built according to plans and job selections with quality of workmanship equal to or better than model quality.
- Assure complete use of the ARH Scope of Work, Construction Practices and Tolerances and Production Checklists to achieve Zero Defect by Phase.
- Conduct Frame Walk inspection with customer. Point out the locations of electrical fixtures, critical plan items, options and any other important features. Review CIs / COs with customer.
- Maintain regular scheduled time of communication through emails or phone calls with customers on construction progress and status. Provide photos and job schedules to customers through the Customer Portal.
- For customer change requests at job site meetings, Construction Manager must relay information to VP of Purchasing for pricing. Signed change order must be received, and purchase order must be issued to proper vendor prior to additional work being started.
- Request POs prior to ordering material or assigning any additional work. No work or material ordered without a PO number.
- Responsible for management of materials, including verification of delivery quantities and returns, and protection of material on job site.
- Maintain clean job sites. It is the subcontractors’ responsibility to clean up after himself/herself per scope of work.
- Assure safe job site for everyone. Keep copy of Safety Manual in your vehicle. Conduct safety meetings with attendance records as scheduled within the Safety Program.
- Achieve Zero Defect by Phase by inspecting all subcontractor work. Ensure the work is completed 100% and at or above company standards.
- Find new subcontractor and supplier candidates and recommend to VP of Purchasing. Replace subcontractors that do not meet ARH policies and/or quality standards.
- Conduct final walk through and home demonstration and manage Gold Standard Closing process. Gold Standard Closing - A home that is delivered with five or fewer cosmetic items outstanding at time of closing, which are completed within 15 calendar days.
- Follow up as necessary with customers after closing to handle any post-closing concerns. Follow-up should be no less than once per week for minimum of four weeks in order to schedule vendors on the spot with customers.
This is an Executive Position; Salary and Bonus commensurate with experience.
Please include resume and cover letter when applying.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Vic Buscaino, Building Company President, at VBuscaino@ARHomes.com | 904-261-4404.